Does your young child
Your child is super bright and intelligent, but they have trouble making their bodies keep up with everything they are trying to accomplish.
Your toddler is super shy and often acts out when taken to new places or placed in an environment with new people.
Your toddler has an endless supply of energy that keeps them going 100 miles an hour all day long;making it difficult for them to focus on one activity for more than few minutes.
Parenting young children is a real challenge.
You must balance their natural inquisitiveness and high energy with trying to teach them the basic skills they need for school and life.
Discipline, sharing, and self-control are all things they need to learn to be successful.
The ideal setting is one that’s got some structure but works with kids at their current developmental level. If they have fun while they’re learning, they’ll be more likely to retain those lessons and learn the skills they need.
AS YOU CAN SEE, THIS IS NOT YOUR TYPICAL TODDLER PROGRAM
We have integrated and extensive amount of research and development into a program that is appropriate for their age, while at the same time advancing them beyond their current stage of development. This means that each child will learn and grow at a faster pace then the average toddler. The best part is the kangaroo Kicker Program is a great way for them to bond with you as well.
- At this age, it is completely normal for your child to lose focus often and quickly become distracted. Children are naturally very curious; it's one of the may ways they learn new things.
- The intellectual goals for our program are to help them focus on the task at hand with minimal distractions, such as listening to the instructor, thinking about what comes next in activities, and following directions. All while nurturing their curiosity and natural growth.
- At this age, children often throw tantrums when they don't get their way and run around uncontrollably if they get excited. This typically stems from them feeling overwhelmed and not understanding the emotions they are feeling.
- The emotional goals for our program are to help them develop patience during activities despite how challenging they are. We also help them understand a better way to communicate how they feel in the moment.
- At this age, their muscles are just starting to develop; we foresee them stumbling on most activities and showing very little skill in their gross motor skills when first starting.
- The physical goals for our program are to get them to preform basic exercises and activities with control, such as stepping and jumping without falling, kicking while bending their knee, and punching with both hands. All of these help create a strong foundation for us to build upon.
- At this age, we will see them interact on a very basic level, but at the same time, be more involved in "parallel" play.
- The social goals for our program are to help your child interact positively by sharing as well as showing respect to the other people in class.
This martial arts school is AWESOME!!! Master Freeman has amazing connections with all students. His patience is always of the highest level even with challenging children at challenging ages!!! (my son is one of those!!!). Couldn't ask for anything better.
This was our first experience with martial arts and it could not have been better! The staff is incredible - honest, patient and so engaging. Highly recommend!
I HIGHLY recommend Freedom Martial Arts Karate studio! Our son started a short while ago and is already having such a great experience! If you have an interest just come out to the school and take a look for yourself. The instructors are amazing...full of energy, passionate, and incredible with the kids. I would highly recommend this school to any parent or adult who wants a superior program for his/her child or for one’s own martial arts training.
My extremely introverted daughter started here a couple of weeks ago Md it has been amazing! Typically, it takes her at least three classes to warm up to one instructor if she even finds one she clicks with, but she was completely comfortable with Ms. Vanessa within 20 minutes of the first class and couldn't wait to come back! I was nervous the first time we had different instructors, but my daughter didn't even bat an eye which has literally never happened in our lives. Everyone here is clearly so well trained and so naturally comfortable working with kids that they know instinctually how to respond to a variety of ping sized personalities do that they all get exactly the kind of attention that they need. I could not be happier that we chose this place for her!!
Secure your spot and get started today with our EXCLUSIVE offer!
Yes, it can. We help children learn the importance of emotional control and respect for others. These are lessons that will help them in the classroom, too.
Yes. Even though studying martial arts is an individual pursuit, we teach kids to learn in a collaborative environment with an emphasis on sharing, cooperation, and teamwork.
Yes. Part of martial arts training is teaching kids to be mindful of themselves and their surroundings. They must focus to succeed in class, and once they learn to do it, they’ll be able to do the same thing at school.
Martial arts instruction focuses on hand-eye coordination, control, and strength. As kids learn basic moves and then advance, they learn how to control their bodies and movements.
Yes. It’s common for students to require more than one attempt to earn a new belt. We teach them that trying is the most important thing – and that persistence pays off.
Respect is at the core of everything we do in the dojo. Kids who study martial arts must respect their instructors and fellow students, and we find that they learn to respect parents, teachers, caregivers, and siblings at the same time.
Kids learn how to listen respectfully to others without interruptions.
Our students learn the value of discipline as they pursue clearly-defined goals.
Martial arts instruction teaches kids how to accept defeat and learn from their mistakes.
Martial arts helps kids build core strength, balance, and physical coordination.
ACCESS OUR SCHEDULE
Secure your spot and get started today with our EXCLUSIVE offer!Get Started Today